Thursday, October 30, 2014

Duck "Tenderloin Style" Sandwich

I made this yesterday for dinner with a few ducks from a hunt the day before and it was tremendous! Try this some time.  It's super easy and one medium to large duck will make 2 sandwiches.
  1.  Take half a duck breast and butterfly cut it in half 
  2.  Season with cracked pepper and sea salt
  3.  Pound it out flat with a tenderizer mallet to about 1/4" thick
  4.  Cover in breading ( I used Hamms Breading )
  5.  Pre-heat a pan with about an 1/8" or more of oil
  6.  Pan fry the duck about 2 min. a side until crispy
  7.  Place on a paper towel to cool and soak up some grease.
While the duck is cooking prepare the rest of your sandwich.   I like to lightly toast my bread if I don't have any buns and top it with lettuce, sliced red onions, pickles, and mustard.   Slap this all together with some french fries, and I promise it will not disappoint.


No comments:

Post a Comment